Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Roll 'em snake eyes

As part of Jamie's mum's recent 70th birthday, we went to see Guys and Dolls on Saturday night. Neither of us would generally run to go see a musical, but we both really enjoyed it. Did anyone know Lisa Mcune can sing? And she's totally tiny too. And Kenny (Shane Jacobsen) is in it too, which is hilarious.
When I was in high school they put this on as one of the school productions (and if you know me at all, it will be obvious I didn't participate) - however watching the show on Saturday night, it gets reasonably saucy in parts. I'm intrigued how they modified and de-sexualised certain parts for a high school age performing audience - mainly the stripping.
Another, possibly more exciting part of that night was going to a restaurant I've been DYING to go to for ages. It's called Mamak, it's Malaysian, and it's frequently called the best ethnic restaurant in Sydney. The line is usually massive to get in, which has been too daunting for us, but going before the theatre, the line was much shorter. OMG - it was so good. And totally cheap. The roti was a the highlight, with plenty of curry to dip those flaky golden bits of goodness into. God I love roti. Here's a review from the SMH.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/restaurant-reviews/mamak/2007/11/06/1194117991074.html

1 comment:

  1. Roti! One of my fav foods on the planet - reminds me of freedom.

    Thanks for sharing this Marsha, you inspire me to get going myself :)

    ReplyDelete