Sunday, April 5, 2009

Food!



It's Sunday night and the left over Osso Bucco from last night is reducing even further on the stove for dinner tonight. It's the same recipe Dodd made when we were in Perth mid last year, but I have to admit Dodd's was better. Mine has too much liquid. And I only used half of what the recipe called for. But I've learnt my lesson for next time.

I couldn't let the weekend's culinary adventures go by without mentioning the egg-celent breakfast J-Mo made this morning. Which is what's pictured in case you were becoming really confised with the talk of osso bucco. Which is understandable really, but whatever, it's my blog.

It was just over the page from the recipe for the Osso Bucco in the book, and it was beautiful. He scooped out the guts of some tomatoes, bashed up some basil and salt and rubbed it inside, wrapped proscuitto around the outside, and then stuck that in the oven for a while. Then he cracked an egg into each tomato, and put it back in the oven until cooked. It was just so tasty and lovely, and a perfect way to start the day before heading into work... boo. But that's all over now, and I'm sitting here with a glass of wine, a mud mask on, and the aroma of osso bucco filling the house. Plus it's a short week... but that means only three days to work out what to cook over Easter.

1 comment:

  1. who would have thunk it dudie - I pretty much followed the recipe bar for the following exceptions. I doubled it and the pots where not enough to hold all the stock and liquid so it ended up only being in about 2/3 of what the book called for, peds was sous chef, was waiting for everyone so it cooked for about an hour more than as instructed - oh and i got progressively quite pissed but I guess you made that last one...

    ReplyDelete