Sunday, November 22, 2009

What to do when it's 42 degrees?

The answer to that is very simple - close the doors, close the blinds, turn on the ceiling fan, watch tv, nap, and wait for the heat to break. It's tempting to open up all the windows and let air in, but it's much cooler to just seal the house up. Only amateurs bother with the beach - crowds, parking, hot cars and no shade do not a cool and relaxing day make.
It's now eight o'clock and it's still 37 outside. Ugh. Beer just tastes like water (and goes down about as easily). It actually hit over 42 today. Luckily, we went to the fish market this morning, so we just had a low prep delicious feast outside.
So - we had oysters (for me), scallops (for Jamie), whiting with a caper butter sauce, prawns and some bok choy. Nom nom. And importantly, very minimal time in the kitchen was required.
This is what the sky looked like just before 8. It's supposed to rain, but there's no sign of it yet. Pant pant pant.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I surprise you with a comment.
    I like you boots and the rendang looks good. You can make it here too. I made one the other day and it was too hot to eat. I ended up throwing at away.
    Can't believe that in a week time you will be flying.
    I just put up the X-Mas lights outside. We will get a tree on the 14th of December. It is almost 4 in the morning and I have been up for 3 hours. You stillhaven't responded if you would like the sheets. Do, as if you say you don't need them, I will return them.
    We finally had a dry day here and it is suppose to be sunny for the rest of the week. We had so much rain lately, but, ofcourse, snow in the mountains. I rather have all the rain than the 42 degrees though. That is too hot for my liking.

    ReplyDelete