Thursday, November 12, 2009

Celebrate the renovate

I spent a lot of time feeling mild to strong levels of anxiety over our massive fridge purchase on the weekend, alternating being concerned that we now had a fridge occupying our kitchen which was too big to go where it was meant to and occupying a large amount of space in our not so large house and that we weren't going to get going with the renovation for another 6 months, with total excitement about having a new big fridge (it's nearly 1m wide!!!). The big boy...
As discussed on an earlier post, the idea was to buy the big fridge as a motivation for us to get on with renovating. I was sceptical about the theory (while of course still buying in - there was a free TV involved for gods sake, I'm only human), however, I am pleased and beyond excited to report that a deposit has been paid with the good folks at Freedom for a brand new kitchen!!! O.M.G. TOO EXCITING. The plan is to get them in while we are away next month, and pretty much to come home to a new kitchen. I'm sure there may be some details that need to be sorted out in between those two steps... but who cares, we are getting a new kitchen!!
We've picked everything already (in fact, we did that in like March when we first decided we were going to do it). The layout of the kitchen pretty much has to stay the same, but the cupboards are going to be a glossy white, squared off stainless steel handles, the benchtop a white-ish stone with flecks through it, we will have a rangehood (hallelujah), a shelf above the fridge for my cookbooks (!!!!!), and the cupboards will be taller and bigger. We'll tile the splashback and also get new tiles for the floor.
Anyone who knows me knows how important all kitchen related things are, so this is a very exciting and major development in my life. I so can't wait to be doing my thing in a new kitchen, and it's a great thing to come back to after holidays - I'll totally be jumping out of my skin to come home and play in the kitchen, as opposed to crying at the airport because I don't want to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment