Sunday, November 22, 2009

Chilli

I make no secret of the fact that I loooove chili. There aren't too many meals that can't be improved by a bit of chili, and I could happily eat it three times a day. My lovely hubby however, isn't such a fan, and while I try to be considerate of this, I often find myself holding a chili in my hand and rationalising that it won't be THAT hot, and that maybe he won't notice. Plus, I just made things with chili for Drew when he didn't like chili, and now he does, so maybe it's just a learned taste... Jamie does notice, and after nearly four years together, he doesn't seem to be any fonder of chili. But he suffers on, and only occasionally tells me he actually can't eat dinner because it's too hot. But I just CANNOT put it down - I hold it and think I should go easy every time, and every time I actually think it won't be that hot, and of course, it is.
Last weekend I made these YUMMY eggs for breakfast. Baked Turkish eggs with mushroom and tomato. Holding a loaded tablespoon of harissa in my hand I went through the "Jamie won't like this with loads of Harissa, maybe you should put half back in the jar" thought process, but then justified it by thinking "well, the recipe calls for it, so who am I to deviate from the recipe, there are rules about these things". The harissa went in and I think it was just perfect. I didn't mention it to Jamie, thinking he maybe wouldn't notice. He did. But the eggs were ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment