Sunday, November 1, 2009

Missing my peeps.

J-Mo has been away most of this week, and I've been filling in his absence by working on my relationship with the TV, and DVDs I got in Indonesia. Which has been wholly satisfying, but as we are all prone to finding out occasionally, there is such as thing as too much TV and alone time. So yesterday I got up, went to yoga, got the papers and pottered around the house. I started feeling a bit melancholy and thinking how much fun it would be to have the Perth gang over for a boozy afternoon of food and just sit around in the sunshine talking crap. It made me feel a bit choked up, and I missed each one of you peeps (you know who you are). We aren't overly social here in Sydney, and there's something just so easy about people you have known forever that know you back to front and you just don't have to try with (maybe it's laziness at the heart of my feelings). So I went to Fratelli Fresh and did the groceries, and also bought a cute new hat and scarf . Even that didn't fill the void (they are very cute though). I'm not usually taken by moments like that, but I would have just loved one of those days that used to be reasonably common. I hope it's not too long before we get the chance to do it again, but I guess life has moved on, and things will never be like they used to. Not that there won't be great and exciting times in the future, but if everyone could just move to Sydney, that would be ace.
Oh - since my last post about the jasmine - check this out - a GARDENIA bloomed!! I'm totally high fiving myself about that one. So this pic is for my peeps.

p.s. since yesterday, I've picked up the hubby, who is now pottering around in a bathrobe before we make smoked trout cakes with asparagus and poached eggs for breakfast (OMG - Yum!!!), I've spoken to Drew and Liam who were arguing about directions on their way down south, and this morning spoke to two happy but understandably nervous little New York marathoners (less than 24 hours to go now). Feeling much better, but still would love to have everyone around.

No comments:

Post a Comment