Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Renovation - day 3 - still not coping.

Today I got home and there was a bath in our kitchen, a toilet in our living room and the door that is supposed to go back on the bathroom is out on the street... progress???  The rubble that was in the bathroom itself yesterday has been cleared out though.
And I'm still not coping.  I'm coping less actually.  Slept terribly and the world is all wrong.  Take this for example - this is our lovely new kitchen.  They know we are still living here and this is where they put the bath (maybe as punishment for me eating grilled cheese sandwiches when they were fasting, and then me asking if their fasting was like Ramadan - turns out no, and it also turns out they were reasonably offended "we are NOT Muslim - the Muslims have killed our people." Sigh, all I wanted to do was eat my grilled cheese sandwich, so I went and hid in my room)
Here we have the cleared out bathroom space - and no, that isn't going to be trendy exposed brick wall.  It is kind of cool though, if you look closely, you can see the many different colours of paint that have been applied over the years people have been inhabiting this little patch of rubble.
And while you wouldn't know it, this is usually our living room, and this is where the couch usually is.  Instead, there is a toilet.  Go figure (more punishment?).
Only one more sleep and then we are off four a four day weekend down the south coast though.  Really can't wait.  Not only because of the renovation, but we've both been belted by work lately, and of course, it's the birthday biathlon (Jamie Saturday, me Sunday).  We are staying in a town called Mollymook, where Rick Stein opened a restaurant late last year.  We are eating in the said restaurant on Friday night, and staying in the adjoining accoms Thursday - Sunday.  Planning on lots of walking, reading, lounging, eating, drinking and sleeping.  A bit of revival I think we've both earned.

1 comment:

  1. Yowzer, Marsh, don't blame you for moving out... What a sight...

    xRos

    ReplyDelete