Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Home made pasta and duck ragu.

We got a pasta maker as a wedding present - which clearly is a good thing. I've only used it once before andthe result was below average. I don't know what I did wrong, but I didn't do it right. After a bit of inspiration from My Kitchen Rules I decided to make parpadelle with duck ragu for special dinner guests Muz and Em. I had a lieu day on Friday, so had plenty of time (after my massage) to get stuck in with Em.
So... here we go - I read in several places you need 100g of flour per egg - that seemed to work out well. You do not however need 150g of flour per person, as I read somewhere else online. That is FAR too much - excessivley way too much.  But taking care of too much food hasn't ever been a problem in my house...
Em and I had a great time making the pasta and we were a really great team.  We didn't even need to talk about it, we just worked together so well.
We rolled out the pasta and hung it over the back of the chairs to dry for a while...
The duck had been bubbling away all afternoon and smelt SO good. So it was just a matter of shredding it and cooking the pasta. And then there we were - sitting down for our first time with visitors at our new table. Dinner was lovely, but the company was even better. We realised during the week that we hadn't had Muz and Em over properly since they moved here, so it was nice to sit down and catch up - it felt like old times.

1 comment:

  1. This was so much fun! We should totally do it again honey. And we are such a good pasta making team. I like the shot with Ped's back in it...never far from the action. xxx

    ReplyDelete