Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Swimming

As I mentioned earlier, Jamie and I are signed up for the Cole Classic in February.  Which isn't really a "new" thing to do as such for me - more like going back to an old thing I used to do.  I was happy to buy bathers, cap, goggles etc but a little less enthisiastic about the whole "get in the water and train" thing.  I went to the Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre one night after work a couple of weeks ago and did some laps.  I SO wasn't in to it.  I just got irritated at everyone else and myself, compeitive with everyone else, bored etc.  I just couldn't relax and enjoy myself.  I was seriously contemplating calling off the whole swim thing.  But Jamie was keen on swimming on the weekend, so I thought I'd see if I enjoyed it more at a different location.  Luckily that was the case!  We went to Boy Charlton Pool on Mrs Macquarie's chair, and it was lovely.  Outdoor, saltwater, sunshine, quiet - good combo.  And I could focus on what I was doing rather than what was going on with everyone else.  So we've been swimming for a couple of weeks now.  I'm really enjoying it, especially since I can't run right now (waiting for my orthodics to arrive).  The swim is on Feb 7, and Em and Muz are coming to be support crew, since they are moving here THIS WEEKEND!!  Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment