Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Frank visit.

Whil Jamie was in Perth this week, Frank happened to pop into Sydney for the weekend.  We had a great time.  Spent the weekend shopping for jewellery for mum, drinking wine and eating great food.  I cringe looking at the recycling bin - that's always the indicator of a big weekend - a mountain of wine bottles.
Saturday Frank took me to my favourite French bistor (Tabou).  We shared a charcuterie plate, which was so, so good.  Frank went so far as to prounounce that we would never eat anywhere else in Sydney again.  Unfortunately out mains weren't so great - Frank had boudin noir and I had steak tatrate.  It was ok, but not as totally orgasmic as the charcuterie.  Sunday night we BBQ's a big hunk of lamb with some greens, and sat outside drinking wine until it got dark.  Fun times.

It's funny how you get used to not having family around, and then when you have a dose of it, it makes you realise what you are missing and that you can't just have it whenever you want (when your family is on the other side of the world).  I've been feeling that a bit since Christmas, and again now that Frank has left.  There isn't much I can do about it, and I guess that's life, and the choices we've all made to end up as geographically far away from eachother as possible, but it still stings a bit.  Especially with Jamie gone, and no one to distract me but The Real Housewives of New Jersey... things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment