Sunday, January 10, 2010

Nom nom dinner.

Last night we made one of the best dinners we have for a long time.  I don't know why, but for some reason, a recipe we'd never made, from an October 2008 Delicious popped into my head.  It's a Ben O'Donoghue one, and I really like his stuff.  Even more so now.
We made this pork loin with bay leaves and balsamic on the BBQ.  Ben says in Delicious: "I doubt you will find a better recipe" - I must agree with him.  I don't agree with his cooking time, but that's nothing a meat thermomoter can't fix.
You char the fatty skin on direct heat, and then cook the hunk o' pig on indirect heat until it's done.  With some homemade baked beans (also done on the BBQ if you have a BBQ big enough - which it turns out we don't - so now clearly we need a new BBQ), it is totally impressive, and we'll be cooking it again ASAP, especially when we have people over.  Muz and Em, get ready, you are going to be eating this very soon.

1 comment:

  1. OMG nom nom nom! can't wait to be eating that!! totally exciting honey. xx

    ReplyDelete