Monday, October 12, 2009

I have an ow

So today I found out I have plantar fasciitis. Which sounds drastic, but is, according to Wikipedia a "painful inflammatory condition of the foot". My foot isn't swollen or anything, but apparently the tendon which runs between the heel and ball of my foot (along the arch) is. And it feels like a big bruise which is taking all my body weight with every step I take.
It seems I've done it running, and now I have a taped up foot after seeing a nice podiatrist. It has to stay taped up for two days - I wanted to take a picture of it for the blog, but because I went to the podiatrist about it, I took off my red toenail polish, and I just think my feet look strange without nail polish, so couldn't quite bear to have a "naked" pic. Then I thought about painting my toe nails for the picture, but then weighed that up against not being able to wash my foot for two days (while the strapping stays on), so then I had this whole internal monologue about my foot, nail polish and washing. Which clearly resulted in me doing nothing. I'm sure no-one is really that interested in my foot anyway.
But the taping looks impressive, and also, importantly, is highly visible, so I can look sad, point at my foot, accidentally show people, and hobble around sighing.
Good news too - high heels aren't a problem with this condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment