Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2 + 1 = 3

My blogging efforts have somewhat waned lately, but there is a good excuse for a resurgence - I'm pregnant!  It feels like I've had to keep it a secret for so long, and I'm terrible with secrets, so I'm so glad to be out in the open about it.  We have passed the first trimester, and my little bump is growing nicely.  I haven't been sick at all, which is fantastic, but I have been feeling tired like never in my life.  That does seem to have passed now too, so I guess I'm really lucky.
The baby is due on May 5, which is also my mum's 60th birthday!  Cute!  So I'll be pretty pregnant through a Sydney summer, but at least when I'm really big at the end it will be cooler.
It took a few weeks to actually get used to the idea that I was pregnant - what a surreal feeling, even if you are expecting it.  It was almost like I couldn't believe it.  Everything else was the same - we were sitting on our couch, watching Crownies, drinking a glass of red wine (ahem, that stopped after the pregnancy test), in our house, with all our stuff around us, but I AM PREGNANT.  That just blew me away.
Now, I am feeling very smug and content about it.  The rest of the world has just dropped away.  I have a baby inside me.  It's probably the most major life change a couple can undertake, and it's so lovely to have a partner who is supportive and really, really wants this.  We bought a new house a couple of weeks ago, and the idea of getting a baby's room ready turns me to mush, let alone thinking about the baby.  So, we are enjoying this time, while it's just the two of us, and we are beyond excited to have this baby.
Enough sap about the miracle of life.  This is me at 12 weeks.
And 13 weeks:
I'll try and take a weekly picture.
Anything with a waist band stopped fitting me at about nine weeks, but I've bought up massively on ASOS maternity wear, which is actually nice (and cheap!), and not nauseating infantile rubbish.
So, feeling good, feeling very happy, and really glad to be able to share the news with everyone. x

No comments:

Post a Comment