Monday, September 6, 2010

Time off and first day

So, I was going to be a good blogger in my three weeks off work.  Turns out no.  I can't believe it, but I was actually really busy!  I got loads of jobs done that have been building up for ages, and crossed almost everything off the list.  We also squeezed in a week in Fiji, which was nice.  I mean it certainly wasn't awful lying around doing nothing but it was all just so... totally non challenging.  Plus the food was average.  It would be great if you had kids (which most people did), but in terms of what we were looking for, it missed the mark a bit.  Even though we were upgraded to the presidential suite after I became livid after we were woken up by construction on our first morning(!!!).  I definitely prefer a bit more activity in my holidays, but taking the time to watch the sun set every night (aided by a large bottle of duty free gin) and wind down was just what I needed.
And then in the blink of an eye, the three weeks was up and my alarm was going off on Monday morning.  But it was accompanied by a lot more anticipation, excitement, and general feelings of positiveness than usual.  Today I had my first day at work!  It was quiet (for me, everyone else was busy), but it feels like it's going to be really good.  Everyone was very thoughtful, and I can't wait to actually be useful, rather than just asking a million annoying questions.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marsha

    Don't know why I have to put a comment down with annonyous, but what the heck.
    That looks like a beautiful sunset. Ours here is almost as nice, but we don't have the palm trees. Isn't that how it goes. You plan to do all those things and you never each the end.
    Did you hear that Annemiek and Peter had their baby daughter. She has been in the hospital already. Cried 24/day. It was a disaster, Tante Ria said. We had hoped to go (salmon) fishing with Dave, but it is raining. The salmon is running amok here. The last two years not enough, now two many. Well, you never have too many salmon. We have to get a freezer though. Have you made plans for X-Mas yet?
    Just in case you haven't figured it out!!!!! Mumsy

    ReplyDelete