Thursday, September 16, 2010

Luck

In the last couple of days, without deliberately doing it, I've come across three articles or presentations on luck.  Which has really stuck in my mind, because I think it's really out of the ordinary for it to happen with that frequency in so short a period of time, and you are supposed to take notice of coincidences.  Is the universe trying to tell me something?  What?  Am I lucky?  Do I need to do something to be luckier?  I don't know... So then I got thinking about whether I consider myself a lucky person - which I definitely think I am in the general sense, but on a daily basis I don't consider myself lucky, you know, in the "gee it's lucky I won lotto, found this pair of diamond earrings and got sent to France on a food tour for work" kind of way (come on universe, come through with that one).  In large part, I do think people make their own luck - if you put energy out and work hard for what you want, things come back to you.  But that isn't really luck, it's more like a return on the investment you put in.  I don't think I actually believe in luck just happening to people.  Apparently you can make yourself luckier and lucky people have certain traits.  But I think I'll just stick to more tangible ways to get what I want (but feel free to come through with the lotto, diamonds, France scenario, universe.  I'd really like that).

No comments:

Post a Comment