Monday, September 27, 2010

Bridge run

Last weekend we joined 35,000 of our closest friends in the Sydney Running Festival.  You can do a marathon (no thanks), a half marathon (no thanks), a 9k run (yes please) or a 4k run (are you soft?).  They close down the Harbour Bridge for the event, and the run we did takes you from Milsons Point (North Shore), over the bridge, to the Opera House, via Lady Macquarie's Point.  Which is reasonably hard to beat in terms of spectacular surrounds.  Ahhh, Sydney.  You are a pretty lady.  My goal was to get under 54 minutes (6 minute k's), and if I got under 50 mins (5:30 k's) I was going to be really pleased.... And I did 49:09 - so bring on the smug.  Which lasted about ten minutes until I saw the marathoners crossing the line.  Turns out I'm not so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment