Saturday, May 30, 2009

Yoga nemesis.

I know it's not in the spirit of all things yoga related, but I have a yoga nemesis. I can't stand her and spend a reasonable portion of the class glaring at her and being irritated. Let me explain, and when I'm through, I think you might find you agree with me. She's NEVER on time - she always turns up between 10 and 30 minutes late - and this is an hour long class - why bother if you are going to be half an hour late? She clumps across the floor, always sits directly in front of me (therefore blocking my view of myself in the mirror), CLOSES the window when I open it saying "I have a sore throat", she leaves her PHONE on and when it rings during quiet time she just lets it ring, and then the person calls back, and does it multiple times, but she doesn't turn the stupid thing off. She's always dressed in all black (it's probably no surprise to many of you that have a hot pink yoga mat and wear my pink Ugg boots to walk to yoga) She is always dressed like she's going hiking in Antarctica - it's always a coat, polar fleece, scarf, explorer socks etc. And it's really not that cold. She also has a stupid long plait and really boring coloured hair. And she sneezes like a cat.
So after I was totally enraged last week after another window closing incident, I decided I needed to change my position in the room, and am now putting my mat so that my view of her is blocked by a big pillar in the middle of the room. Of course she's hard to ignore in the middle of quiet time when she's thundering in late but this is the best solution for now.

That was quite therapeutic. Another thing that is currently annoying me about yoga is that I can't do the wheel pose. This is the wheel pose. He's obviously very good at it, but I can't get my head off the ground. And I REALLY want to.

2 comments:

  1. OMG she totally goes against every yoga-manners I've ever learnt. I think most schools wouldn't even tolerate her, and neither should you. Can we complain to the teacher?
    I hope she comes on Saturday when we go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me 3 years to do that - when I finally popped up it was the most amazing feeling (but I did hurt my shoulder the next day - while showing off to a colleague in my cubicle...sounds like a marshie move). I found lots of sun salutations helped strengthen the triceps and get me on the road to wheel goodness. One of the hardcore guys at sam yoga moves his legs into a full handstand and then down into dog from here. Totes nuts. Keep on trucking dudie and remember "expectations breed frustrations"

    dodd

    ReplyDelete