Thursday, February 17, 2011

Malaysian noodle markets

I deeply love Malaysian food.  I get way more excited about eating it than say Indian (too heavy), Thai (all a bit the same), Indonesian (pretty good really) or Vietnamese food (not enough saucy stuff).  Even Chinese food (which I'm not going to criticise, that would be wrong.  Although I didn't need to see The Biggest Loser last night saying how many calories was ).  It kind of feels like a mix of the best of all of these things.  And there's roti.  Which when done well drives me to levels of frenzied excitement.  We went to the night noodle markets in Hyde Park earlier this year, and made a beeline for Jackie M's stall.  Had amazing roti, rendang (my favourite curry), and gado gado.  I think a chicken curry too.  All amazing.
Imagine my joy when reading about the Malaysia Kitchen Food Market.  We are heading there tonight, and I am really excited.  Just this picture made me want to fall off my chair into a pile of drool.  It doesn't help that I'm already starving, but seriously... YUM!!
And afterwards I have tickets to the open air cinema at Mrs Macquarie's Chair.  It's a total Sydney institution, and we've never got tickets before - mainly because for a few years I just didn't believe that the entire season sells out within an hour of going on sale - it does.  By all accounts, it's totally magic.  The screen is out over the water, and you have the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge in the background.
And then we go home to our visitors from Perth, Benno and Sasch, who are staying for what is shaping up to be an epic weekend of Sydney show and tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment