Friday, February 4, 2011

Athletic weekend

Last year we did the Cole Classic, and quiet enjoyed it, so this year we are going back for more.  The Cole creators have also created a new (as in the first time they've run it) run the day before.  Both are on at Manly, and we are staying the night on Saturday night to truly get into the vibe.  Naturally, Sydney is in the middle of a heatwave and there is a cyclone above Queensland, so we are scheduled for a minumim temperature of 25 degrees tonight (we run tomorrow morning) and then "difficult" surf conditions and rain on Sunday.  But I guess that's part of the fun of doing these things, you have to battle through somewhat less than ideal conditions.  I have been trying to bust a gut (literally) with excercise this year, but have been mixing it up a lot, so haven't done as much running or swimming as I'd like, so I'm not feeling totally prepared.  I know I can do the distances, but I just don't think I will be doing them in the best time possible.  But that's fine.  I will keep you posted on our form!

No comments:

Post a Comment