Friday, February 18, 2011

Devestation

I shouldn't be surprised, because this is Sydney, and if something cool and food related is on, chances are it's not going to be a well kept secret.  The Malaysian food markets were chockers.  A line of several hundred people down the street to get into a little lane way.  But I remained upbeat.  It was only just after 6pm, and we had heaps of time.  I joined the line without hesitating, dreaming of roti, nasi lemak, and rendang, while the more sensible of the two of us asked a security guard how long it was likely to take.  Not a chance we were getting in tonight, the sensible one was told.  Shortly after, my dreams were crushed as a good two thirds of the line were sent away, told that there were too many people and we wouldn't be eating Malaysian tonight.  Mentally, I dropped to my knees wailing, and only managed to not physically do the same.  After a bit of carry on form me, we decided to hotfoot it up to the cinema, where Em had told us the food was good.  It actually turned out really well to do that, because we could reserve our seats, get some nice food (pork with mushy peas and corn on the cob for both of us, and a vanilla pannacotta with peaches for desert), enjoy a bottle of wine and look at the SPECTACULAR view.  Naturally, I didn't bring my camera to capture any of this, but it was amazing.  It's so well done and I can see why everyone raves about it.  We really loved it.  And we had a perfect night for it too.  It was so warm that I didn't even need to put a cardi on over my dress when it got dark.  It's totally an iconic Sydney thing to do, and I'm really pleased we did it.  We've resolved to try and get tickets every year from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment