Monday, November 29, 2010

Notable books of 2010

The NYT has compiled a list of the 100 most notable books from 2010 - of which I've read about three, but at least there's lots of good ideas for summer reading.  And I'm reasoning that since I don't really read non-fiction, that rules out half the list, so of the parts of the list that I read, I've got a 6% strike rate, which is nearly 10%, and that's verging on acceptable???  Anyone?  Anyone?  OK, fine.  Notable literature isn't my forte.  But I do love lists like this which you can save, and then order the books from the library over the course of a long period of time.  The library has been a feature of my life that I've been loving this year, especially the ability to get online and order your books from all the libraries in the City of Sydney network.

1 comment:

  1. you know i was just thinking today marshie what a good reader you are. you're always reading something! funnily enough I've been reading more lately than ever before - I think because I've started reading while expressing at night (there's a fun evening) instead of just falling in to bed exhausted after making dinner and watching some tv. so i think your 10% is admirable. if you tell muz about that list he'll try and read as much as possible. ah ha, competitive reading. xxx ps i've just finished eating animals and have started freedom, i'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete