Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lady of leisure

Yesterday was my last day of work, and I now have THREE weeks off before starting the new gig to be a lady of leisure.  I'm thinking we'll go somewhere (Fiji is the front runner) for a week, but the rest I'll be here doing lots of jobs that need to be done and also taking some time to just chillax and clear out some headspace.  And since I'll be home with loads of hours to fill in, I'll also be a better blogger.  More frequent anyway.
I had fun drinks last night with some peeps from the office, and before that we had cake, and I was given a beautiful bunch of flowers and a book voucher to spend at my leisure.  A lot of people have said really nice things to me, which has made me feel all warm and fuzzy, but I certainly didn't look back when I walked out for the last time.
It feels like I've been at the centre of attention for a couple of days now, which, naturally, is fine with me, but I'm enjoying being alone now for the first time in a while, and just reflecting on everything.  I'm feeling a lot of relief, and happy, light, and at peace with everything. And I'm really excited about my new job and all the challenges ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment