Thursday, February 23, 2012

Weeks 27 + 28

Week 27 bump pic (taken in Melbourne):
 And week 28:
 It's been a busy couple of weeks.  A couple of work trips, a Roxette concert, the closing of one of our favourite restaurants, Drew and Liam visiting for the weekend, a two day birth course, and a night at the outdoor cinema at Mrs Macquire's Point.  The outdoor cinema is really one of the best things you can do in Sydney (if you are organised enough to get a ticket - the entire season sells out in half an hour usually).  We bought two sets of tickets for this season, and bailed on the first movie because of rain.  We were seriously contemplating bailing on this one because of rain too, but it stopped raining, and was a lovely night.  We saw The Run Diaries, which we all enjoyed.  Not as much as the salted pecan and caramel ice cream sandwiches though.  arghmmmmm.  This was the view sitting in our chairs.  The screen isn't up yet, but once it is, you have the bridge and O-House on one side, and the city on the other.  It's pretty spesh.
On a sader note, Bird Cow Fish, one of our favoutie local restaurants closed down!  They announced it on the week they were shutting the doors, and luckily I read about it and got us a table on the second last night they were open.  One last serve of prawn gnocchi with butter and sage, and one last serve of hangar steak with shoestring fries.  A sad night.  We used to go a lot, and it was one of the more consistently good and pleasant places to go in Surry Hills.  I'm glad they didn't go broke, just decided they had enough.  I remember we had breakfast there on the day we went to the first home open for our old house... sniff sniff.
I've got four weeks left of work after this week ends.  After this birth course we did a couple of weeks ago I've been feeling the need to get organised a bit more, and this weekend I'll start packing my hospital bag, and we'll hit up the shops again for more baby essentials.
I got a the cutest box full of things from my mum for the baby last week too.  His first teddy!  And the softest blanket ever, with a bunny embroidered on it!  Adorable.
We are now going to the obstetrician fortnightly, and yesterday he pointed out that you can see fuzz on top of his head - HAIR!  The dragon baby has hair!  And the fortnight before, we could see him opening and closing his mouth, drinking lots of tasty anmiotic fluid.  Amazing.
He's in the right position for birth now, and should stay that way.  That also means his feet are up on my ribs, and he's running out of room, so I've been getting a few strong kicks lately.  It's hard not to be distracted by it all, especially when in meetings and being serious with clients.
Baby has notched up a fair few frequent flyer points already, but I think that will have to come to an end soon.
I'm feeling increasingly excited about meeting him - but also a little apprehensive about it all.  I know there is no way to really prepare for this, and things are going to be so different for me.  For both of us.  But we'll have this little guy who will amaze and overwhelm and fill us with love every day.  And that will make it all so worthwhile.
I think I'll miss being pregnant though.  I quite like it - except for the times that I don't... but it's nice to carry him around and feel him moving like our own little secret all day long, and I like wearing tight things to show off the bump, and I feel pretty great.  But it will be great to run again, not see the scales going up every time I step on them, wear normal clothes, etc.  Oh, and of course, to meet our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment