Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 26 - Qualia edition

We are back from five lovely days at Qualia, doing nothing but putting time in the sleeping, reading, lying around by the pool and watching TV vaults.  I think we are going to draw on the resources of those vaults in the near future, if the threats of people that we will NEVER sleep again or EVER be able to do ANYTHING enjoyable ever again are true.  Qualia itself was lovely, so beautiful.  I did yoga every day, and padded around showing off my belly in a bikini.  Which sounds glamorous, but it was usually accompanied by rivulets of sweat streaming off me.  One night we went out for dinner, and the waitress was so concerned about how hot I was she put me in the (large walk in) wine fridge while Jamie paid the bill, which was hilarious, because it was a glass encased wine fridge, located by the entrance of the restaurant, intended to look all fancy and classy, not to be a goldfish bowl for an extremely hot pregnant lady sticking her face in front of the fans.
I  Became obsessed with Downton Abbey, but since there is only one season on iTunes, and it's only eight episodes long, the obsession was short lived.  But I'm excited for season 2.
Just in the last couple of weeks the general public has been feeling free to comment on my belly and ask questions about it.  I think I'm a fully fledged pregnant lady in the eyes of the rest of the world now.  I'm really quite enjoying this stage of things - I'm still pretty comfortable, and the little dragon spends his days and nights squirming away.  It feels a bit more like I've surrendered myself over to being pregnant and it's now totally intertwined with who I am.  Which isn't a negative thing at all, it's lovely.  I could lie on the couch for hours and watch my belly move.  I got in trouble last night for poking and prodding the baby to feel him kick back - I'm sure it wasn't hurting him though, he's got a little swimming pool in there to keep things cushioned.
Much cooler than my own belly snaps is this series of belly snaps, which the dad has compiled into a video, which is also awesome.
My public transport trials continue - the other day someone FELL on me as I was sitting down when the bus lurched away from the stop, and his apology was "sorry, I'm not used to catching buses".  I really didn't know what to say to that.  But you know I THOUGHT lots of rude things at him.
We've got a fun weekend coming up - the opera on Saturday night, and then Jamie is doing The Cole classic swim on Sunday at Manly.  We've both done it the last two years, but I'm just cheer squad this year.  It's a nice atmosphere down at Manly, and I'm looking forward to it.
I think I'm also one of the few people in Sydney right now that's not complaining about the weather!  Suits me just fine.

2 comments:

  1. OMG look at you!
    You're bloody glowing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Parsons. That pic was taken at Qualia, where the humidity was 80% and it was 35 degrees, so on closer inspection, the glow quickly turns into a sunscreeny, panting, sweaty mess, but having said that, I am loving my skin + pregnancy. No pimples! Finally!! xx

    ReplyDelete