Monday, March 12, 2012

31 weeks and Emu Export

So I missed week 30.  It's been a really busy time at work, and I feel like I'm just keeping my head above water.  Thanks to me we turned up a week early for our birth and parenting class at the hospital on Saturday.  Ahem.  Better than a week late I guess?  It's my last week of work before I go on maternity leave, so I took no small satisfaction in waking up this morning and thinking that this would be my last working Monday morning for quite some time.  I'm sure I won't think I'm such a legend when I'm woken up at 3am on Monday mornings by a crying baby, but hey, I'll take it for now.
Here is week 31.  Not the best bump showing off dress, but it is leopard print, which counts for a lot.  Also - new glasses.  I bought them online (Dior) and am very pleased with how they turned out.  You can't really see them very well, but the front is a clear blue/grey colour, and the sides are a smoky brown colour.  I'm kind of loving myself in them.
 We went out for dinner with Muz and Em recently to a hipster bar/restaurant.  We had to do a double take when we saw none other than Emu Export being offered on the menu.  Surely this was some sort of West Australian joke?  Turns out no, people were ordering it!!  I saw more than one can go out from the bar.  Lord knows where they sourced it (my back shed circa 1999 thanks to Lindsay Dodd?), but the hipsters were loving the Export.  Crazy kids.  It's not a great pic, but here is a can on the bar, waiting to be delivered to what I assume is an unsuspecting parton.
Finally, I really liked this slide show from The Guardian today where art nudes have been reworked to conform to today's ideal body types.  I think it says a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Totes noticed the new specs before I even read the text of your post. I too am loving you in them.

    ReplyDelete