Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Week 20 - Half way!

It's incredible to think that I'm half way through this pregnancy business already.  While the first three months felt like they took forever, after bebe became public knowledge, it's just gone so quickly.
It's been a big week.  We moved into our new house, which we both LOVE.  It feels like such a grown up house, and it's so big compared to our old place.  And it's really nice not to have to find a way to use every square centimetre of space and cram stuff under the beds, and in every drawer possible, like we did at our old place.  I'm loving the fact that we have dimmer switches, that our bedroom has an en suite, we have STAIRS, our aspect out the back is leafy and quiet, and the kitchen has an awesome island bench (just to name a few things - I could keep going).  It's just too exciting.  We have a bunch of new furniture which all looks great.
Jamie was an amazing unpacker over the weekend and pretty much did everything except two boxes, which I told him not to do (my handbags and folded clothes).  Today is our third wedding anniversary too!  We are off to Quay for dinner!!  I booked it six months ago, not knowing that I'd be pregnant and that we would have just moved house, but it's not like I can complain.  It's only the best restaurant in Australia.  And we haven't been yet, so we are both excited.  And we have a 6.30 booking, so not only do we get to eat early, we'll be able to look out over the water and watch the sun disappear.
Week 20 photo.

5 comments:

  1. OMG that is a proper preggo belly!! Holy smokes.

    I love that your smile is increasingly bigger in each photo :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I want to see a pic of you with the prancing horse dress on!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!!! There's a baby in there!

    Your Mum told me the good news and I am so happy for you. It's pretty darned exciting isn't it? How well I remember every detail like it was yesterday.

    Glad you are happy with your new digs. How's the new job? I've lost track of your blog and I see I'm way behind in books you've enjoyed. I've been reading like crazy since I got my Kindle. What a neat toy!

    I keep in touch with your Mum and she sounds very happy to be living in Holland once again. She will be missed around St. Andrews. Such a fun lady to spend time with. She is super excited about becoming a grandma. It's like becoming a mum all over again.

    Wishing you and your husband a wonderful 2012. It will definitely be a year to remember.

    Regards,

    Shae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shae,
    Thanks for your note! It is really exciting to be pregnant! I'm trying not to wish it away until May and enjoy it. Luckily I've had a really easy pregnancy, so it's been good fun.
    We are really trying to appreciate the time when it's just the two of us, and it's quiet, so we've been reading a lot. I haven't gotten into reading electronically yet though - I've tried a couple of times on my ipad, but I just like having a book more!
    Mum is definitely excited to become a grandma - did she tell you he's due on her 60th birthday? Couldn't ask for a better present!
    Hope you also have a wonderful year, thanks for being in touch!
    Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parsons - devestaing news - the prancing horse dress sold out on ASOS before I could buy it. But I did buy a pussy bow blouse with carousel ponies on it to fill that void in my life.
    http://www.asos.com/au/ASOS/ASOS-MATERNITY-Tunic-In-Carousel-Horse-Print/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1635168&xr=1&mk=VOID&r=3
    Love,
    Marsh.

    ReplyDelete