Monday, February 16, 2009

A little bit of gender stereotyping

I'm not a baker. I'd rather roast (and eat) a nice piece of meat. Baking is such a precise art, and one with which I have little patience. Plus, my only baking accessory is a mini muffin tin, so any time I do bake it's only in the mini muffin form.

Anyway, I made these to take to our friends who were having us over for dinner. Lemon and almond. Everyone seemed to like them (and in the spirit of blogging truthfuless I put in the slightly darker than intended ones into the picture too). Especially their two year old. He did throw up later, but his mum assured us he just ate too much cheese. I know how he felt.




And while I was baking these, Jamie was taping up and painting the windowsill in the kitchen so he could paint it white. The spare room project has been getting some attention as well this weekend, and once the paint dries on the windowsill in there, I will post some pics of the makeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment