Sunday, December 30, 2012

So do you want to go to the jeweller?

It's no secret that I love jewellery.  My standard reply to questions such as "do you want anything from the shop?" is "diamonds!".  And it's hilarious every time.  I was recently a tres lucky girl, with Jamie asking me to meet him in the city for a coffee (which we do occasionally) because he hadn't seen Arch properly in a few days.  When we met, he uttered my dream phrase "so do you want to go to the jeweller?" Ummm, yeeeeeheeessss.  I'd been scoping these puppies for a while, since seeing them in the window at Fairfax and Roberts, and I luuuhuuuuve them.  I love everything about them.  I love the idea of stacking rings, I love the different golds, I love the diamonds, and I love the deco design.  They are reasonably substantial, which I think suits my hands, and they are kind of like really fancy knuckle dusters.  I'd prefer to be wearing something other than Birkenstocks and shorts when going to a nice jeweller, but hey, whatever.  So I ummed and ahhed over them for a while in the shop, felt a bit bad about how much they cost, got over that, and then green lighted the purchase.  I've got a rose gold one (fourth wedding anniversary is fruit and flowers traditionally, and rose is a flower, and ROSE gold... get it?!?  Jamie says I can rationalise anything), a white gold, and a white gold with baguette diamonds, like in the pic below (I don't have the yellow gold, I got a white gold instead).  I have the rose and white gold ones now, and the diamond one is being made.  Sigh.  L.O.V.E.  The reason for the purchase (if we need one), apart from the fact that I'm spoilt, is because we had our little guy this year.  Hopefully I can tell him one day that his dad bought me these rings when I had him, and maybe one day his future wife can wear them.  Like when I'm dead.  She's not getting them before then.

1 comment: