Thursday, April 5, 2012

33 and 34 weeks

I've had three weeks off work already, which has flown by.  I'm trying to just enjoy this time and take it easy, but I constantly feel the need to be doing things, and I'm not good at doing nothing.  Luckily, there are many jobs to do before the baby comes, most of which involve spending money at various shops, and if there is one thing I'm good at...
I am also doing yoga several times a week, which I'm really enjoying.  I really am getting physically pretty big now, and regularly cursing the fact that our two bathrooms are up a flight of stairs - firstly stairs (pant pant), and secondly, how many times in a day can one person need to go pee?
33 weeks and heading off to yoga:
 34 weeks and heading off to a Jungle Party (ahem, note suitability of dress):
I saw the obstetrician yesterday, and he said bebe was officially "engaged" - every time I hear that, I can't help but think of Dodd rugby tackling people, yelling "engage".   The little guy's room has come together quite nicely, and by just doing a couple of things a day, it's nearly there!  We just need to buy a bookshelf and put together his bassinet, and we will be ready!  I even bought nappies the other day (uumm, BTW - nappies are EXPENSIVE!), and felt like a proper mum loading them into the back of the four wheel drive.  The car seat is fitted, hospital bags are packed as much as they can be, change table is stocked up, baby clothes are washed and the nightlight is plugged in.

2 comments:

  1. Touch.. pause... ENGAGE!

    Eeep! BABY!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marsha:

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so very happy for you and your husband. Your Mom has kept me updated and shared your joyous news. She writes lovely letters.

    It sounds like baby made a pretty dramatic arrival. Whew! Instantly brought back a rush of memories. Toughest 16 hours of my life ... but got a wonderful prize at the end of the struggle. You will likely agree.

    I just caught up on your ever-delightful blog. Your comments about enjoying the feeling of pregnancy I relate to. I loved being pregnant! I was totally obsessed with my baby bump. I loved all the planning and organizing for THE DAY. Of course back then the expanding curve of one's belly was not shared with anyone but your bathroom mirror and doctor. I vividly recall putting on a tight pullover sweater one evening and prancing into the living room. Of course the baby bump was very obvious. I thought my husband (no longer) was going to faint. He was horrified. We definitely wore smocks. The very idea of taking a photo of a bare belly was quite out of the question. I grin when I think of it. Having a baby was "women's business."

    I'm jealous! The birthing experience mothers have now is so much kinder.

    I get hooked once I start clicking the links you've gotten a kick out of. I just finished watching the Cole saga and sent off the video of the man who makes the foot stools. Amazing. Sure makes my complaints about my computer problems and the dull weather fall waaaaay down the list of things worthy of mention.

    Enjoy your life with your new baby. You will have a million wonderful moments with that little man. Grab them all!

    MM

    ReplyDelete