Thursday, October 28, 2010

New Westfield!

When a new $1.2 billion shopping centre, containing shops which haven't before traded in Australia, opens on the same block on which you work... well, what's a girl to do?
During my lunch break, I (and every one else in Sydney) popped over to check it out and stroke some expensive things.  I only did a brief recon because: there was literally every person in Sydney there and you could barely move - even outside the shops, around 50 per cent of shops are still boarded up and haven't opened yet, I kept getting disorinented, and I'm going with Em on the weekend and wanted to save some excitement.  I did pop into Diane Von Furstenberg and smugly smiled at the sales assistants (Aprilyn is sorting me out with the same thing at a couple of hundred bucks less than you ladies are charging, thanks very much to the AUD) and Mulberry (leather! shiny! pretty!) where bag strokers far outnumbered sales staff.  I didn't have my camera on me, but this is an online pic - clearly taken during the press opening, because you need to multiply the amount of people by 5 million to get the effect.  Exciting boarded up shops include Zara - I'm happy to wait for her, our time will come, I know we'll have a very long and fulfilling relationship.
For something that contains the calibre of retailers that it does, I think the mall design is a little boring and uninspired, and predictably shiny.  But, whatever, I'm sure I'll be spending some serious cash there shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment