Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Are these people f***ing serious? My letter to the parking inspector.

To whom it may concern:

Please find attached a PDF of a request Review of Penalty Notice in relation to a ticket recently received, as well as photographic evidence to support my request.

I am a resident of Surry Hills, where it is often difficult to find parking. I have a valid parking permit to park in and around my street. I always obey parking signs in the area as I am mindful of my neighbours and the inconvenience caused by people not obeying parking signs. I received this penalty notice while parked on my street, for an offence unknown to me (stopping within 10 metres of an intersection without traffic lights), where I was not obstructing any traffic or disobeying any parking signs.

Throughout Surry Hills, parking is allowed within 10 metres of an intersection without traffic lights. The "intersection" in the case of my fine was a laneway, which I repeat, I was not obstructing, I was merely parked within 10 metres of it. I think it is reasonable to infer that where I was not obstructing any traffic or disobeying a parking sign that I be allowed to park on my own street. I am not disputing the existence of the offence, I am appealing to your reasonableness in seeking to overturn the $201 fine.

As evidenced by attached photos 3, 4 and 5, areas of "No Parking" on the street are clearly marked. Attached photos 1 and 2 are of the area where I was parked, where there are clearly no signs indicating not to park.

If the City of Sydney does not wish people to park in the spot where I parked, may I suggest that a "No Parking" sign would be of assistance to residents such as myself who are trying to do the right thing, in the case where "No Parking" on the rest of the street, and indeed the suburb, is clearly marked.

I appreciate the job that parking inspectors do in Surry Hills, which enables us as residents to park in circumstances where it would otherwise be very difficult, and ask that you overturn this fine.

Kind regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment