Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Where does the time go?

Seriously - where have the last two months gone?  I feel like I'm an ostrich just pulling my head out of the sand and re-engaging with the world a bit.  I used to read the newspapers every day and watch the news every night - now major stuff happens and I'm all "oh, really?  When did that happen?"  And then I start telling people about things that I think are obscure, when in fact they have been front page news for a week.  Thank god for the ipad and iphone - the one media outlet I haven't been neglecting is the Daily Mail, so I'm up to speed on celebrity pregnancies, weight loss/gain and other assorted scandals that are somehow more important for me to know about than world events.  What did people do when they were feeding before these gadgets??  Or just in general?
So, Archie is great - really smiley and chatty.  He's sleeping in his own room now, which was hard for the first night (lots of tears from me, none from him - he's over me already), but it is actually so nice to have our room back and to be able to turn on the light when going to bed and not have to tiptoe around.
I did a 9k run on the weekend, which I have been training for since I got the clear to run again 6 weeks post baby.  It was a bit of a battle, especially the last 2k, and I did it way slower than I did two years ago, but hey, I did it, and I did kind of just have a baby, so you know, snaps for me.
I feel like Arch and I have really found our groove with each other lately.    
Cute pic from fathers day:

No comments:

Post a Comment