Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Products that change your life

In the ongoing series of products that change your life (which so far consists only of microplane graters), there are two recent additions to our household which deserve a shout out.
The first, a Dyson vacuum cleaner:
I have always been a big fan of Miele appliances, and used a trusty hand me down Miele from my mum for years.  It finally died, and I was tasked with buying a new one.  PROMISING not to buy the most expensive one in the shop (ie. a Dyson), I dispatched myself to Bing Lee in hunt of a new vacuum cleaner.  And they were having a car park sale, where Dyson's were half price!!!  Yes!!!  Awesome.  So, how could I not?  I didn't even enter the shop.
It is UNBELIEVABLE how much dirt this sucked out of our rugs the first time I used it.  I had to wave around the plastic container that collects the dirt in Jamie's face to get the message across to him.  And talk about it for three hours.  Really, they are just incredible.
The second thing that has changed out lives recently is a wool underlay on our bed.  Does the rest of the world know about this??  Why has no one every told me before?  It's waaarm in winter and apparently cool in summer, and it makes the mattress sooooft, and it's lovely and I highly recommend to anyone.  We got ours at the Sheridan outlet on Foveaux St (half price).  Jamie thought it was totally stupid, but he's also majorly converted to the fan club.  In the middle of the night a couple of nights ago, he was all "this underlay is really great isn't it".  Uh huh.  It sure is honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment