Sunday, March 1, 2009

Duck and bunny pie



Nom, nom, nom... We had Blake and Roz over for lunch on Saturday, and have long been talking up a duck and bunny pie which we made last year, and was totally ace.


The meat has to cook for four hours before you shred it, so I got up at 7:30 on Saturday morning with a roaring hangover to brown the meat before sticking it in the oven for the rest of the morning. This is the result when it came out, and it totally melted off the bone.
I wanted to take a picture of the finished product, but I couldn't find my camera and we were all hungry, but I assure you it was really good (turns out I put the camera in my handbag).
This is the meat all shredded up, and then basically you add heaps of herbs and top it off with pastry (I used pre-made, I couldn't face suet with my lack of restraint the previous night still lingering).
With a rocket and parme salad, eight hours later we were still sitting around the kitchen table. We had to make a couple of dashes to the bottleshop to replenish supplies, and had an excellent afternoon. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment